Friday, November 13, 2009

New Website!!

I'm really excited about the new website that we are working on for English language development!! Well, it's not so much of a new website, but it has been offline for about six months due to a technical change in the hosting company and I haven't had a chance to add anything to it!

Please visit ELDStrategies.com and let us know what you think of the format so far! I am slowly working on it, adding content, so please be patient because I am trying to figure out the technical part as I am also writing the content at the same time!

I plan on keeping this blog and trying to write a little more regularly, but there are also things that I can do over on the regular website that I can't do on the blog. For example, I would like to create some documents, powerpoints, and other resources for teachers that I would like to upload to the site and make them easily accessible to be downloaded. I can't do that here!

One of my major plans over on the main ELD Strategies site is to create a teacher forum where teachers can network and share resources with one another. I've got some really great ideas and I am working hard to put it all together because I know that there is such a need for an online community of teachers of English learners.

Just imagine one website that you can go to that has everything that you need to teach English learners! That's my major goal. I've just been playing around on this blog here, trying to learn about technology and social media, and now I am committed to moving forward and creating a website that will serve as a comprehensive resource for teachers.

I'm open to suggestions as to what you think should be included on the website. I have unlimited pages, so I can address many issues. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me at info(at)eldstrategies(dot)com if you would like to make a few suggestions about what you think would be on the ideal site for teachers of English learners. I want to make this site relevant and useful to teachers, so please don't hold back your suggestions!!

eld, eld strategies, english learners, eld standards, eld activities, eld lessons, project glad, siop, english language development, ctel, clad, bclad, celdt, esl

No comments:

Post a Comment