Sunday, March 29, 2009

March Updates

I just wanted to keep everyone updated about some things that I've been busy working on. On March 31, 2009 we will have the raffle for the Project GLAD book, and I will post the winner here. I also have some great prizes planned for the upcoming months.

I haven't posted much because I have been working on a piece about vocabulary development that I will be posting soon. I wanted to discuss how we can teach vocabulary in context as opposed to isolated vocabulary drills, multiple exposure to vocabulary, etc. I've been taking a bit of time to complete the post because I was working on creating some poems, songs and chants with the vocabulary and taking pictures of the strategies. 

Thanks to those of you who have purchased some of the materials out of our store!! The proceeds will go back into getting some books that I would like to review here for readers. Have you ever bought a book for teaching and then either realized that it was too simple or you didn't like it? Well, I most definitely have and I want to assist teachers in purchasing books that are going to be useful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment